Waves Audio has announced a 4-part free mixing and production course including a live Q&A session, “From Demo To Master,” with multiple Grammy-winning producer/mixer Dave Darlington.
In a career spanning four decades and over 1000 album credits, mixer, composer, musician and producer Dave Darlington, who owns and works out of Bass Hit Studios in New York City, has worked on hit songs and albums in a range of genres, boasting extremely diverse credits.
Available online beginning November 28, the course offers free and unlimited access to all the sessions, over eight hours in total. Participants will be able to download original multitrack sessions, enabling them to follow along and practice. They will receive expert advice from Dave’s special guests Tony Maserati (Beyoncé), Jack Joseph Puig (Lady Gaga), Andrew Scheps (Metallica) and Greg Wells (Adele); while participants will also be able to partake in a live Q&A session, where Darlington will answer questions about the course material.
The course will cover the following topics:
- How to create a sonic vision for your song, no matter the genre
- How to make the most important decisions when mixing a pop, hip hop or rock track
- How different mixing choices can impact the song’s overall feel
- How to give lead and backing vocals the power and polish they deserve
- How to get bass and drum tracks sitting tight and working together
- How to rethink the way you use harmonic instruments – synths, guitars, etc. – in your mix
- How to put the finishing touches that can make or break a song
To enrol and for course topics and schedule, visit the Waves website here.