Prolight + Sound Shanghai, the leading fair for Asia’s entertainment and event industry, is set to return with an enlarged area of 45,000sqm spread over four halls.
Held from 11-14 October, 2017 at the Shanghai New Expo Centre, the 15th edition will stage new product zones and technology-oriented events that highlight cutting edge expertise from across the entire entertainment industry.
Less than two months ahead of its opening, the show has already garnered extensive support from some of the industry’s biggest names.
Participating companies and brands include: Adam Hall, Audio-technica, AVID, BBS, Beta-3, Christie, DPA, Fidek, GLP, Hai Tian, Harman, KAIFAT, LD Systems, Maquinas Iberica, Midas, Neutrik, Next-Pro audio, Phonic, Plustruss, Restmoment, SAE, SE Audiotechnik, Shure, Soundking, Superlux, Takstar, TW Audio, VUE and Zsound.
Newcomers to the edition also include: Antelope, Digisynthetic, EM acoustics, Riedel and Show Tex.
To cope with the industry’s ever-evolving demands, apart from the encompassing showcase for pro audio, lighting, audio and video integration, conference systems, public broadcasting, stage machinery and recording equipment, the show will introduce two brand new zones this year for AV entertainment solutions and stage machinery.
The Recording and Production Zone will also be expanded to accommodate the burgeoning demand in the recording sector.
Recording and Production Zone (Hall 1)
The debut of the Recording and Production Zone proved to be one of the fair’s most popular areas, with its success matching the strong market development seen in the recording sector.
This year, the expanded area will feature more leading international brands, as well as a comprehensive fringe programme that looks to enhance industry innovations. New participating brands this year include Antelope, Ferrofish, Genelec, Klang Technologies, Lewitt and RME.
Held concurrently at the Recording and Production Zone are a series of technical training sessions, networking opportunities, product demonstrations and sound studios to boost development opportunities and promote collaboration.
- The National Music Mixing Contest Award & Launching Ceremony will be held at the zone for the first time to develop creative talent and cultivate exchanges in sound production. Outstanding compositions chosen out of 2,000 participants across China will be awarded and demonstrated onsite.
- The interactive area Sound @ PLSS Studio will provide an opportunity for attendees to experience the latest sound technologies available in the market. New participating brands include AEA, AMS Neves, Audient, Avid, BAE, Charter Oak, Coleman Audio, Dynaudio, FLEA, GML, Great River, Heritage, Kemper, Latch Lake, MAAG, Melo, Midi Plus, NOS, Phoenix, Teqeler and Wunder.
- The Recording Technology Forum will provide attendees with the opportunity to engage with reputable sound producers, including Grammy Award winner Mr Xiaoxing Lu, to exchange sound production techniques and technologies.
AV Entertainment Solution Zone (Hall N2)
As more and more consumers pursue a personalised experience in mini home theatres and karaoke rooms, the demand for integrated entertainment solutions that cater to the specific needs of customers is growing at a staggering rate.
The brand new “AV Entertainment Solution Zone” will showcase a diverse range of entertainment solutions with KTV kiosks, mini theatres, karaoke servers, headphones, speakers and microphones. Cutting-edge technologies in virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and 4D motion seats will also be incorporated to create a cinematic experience for attendees. Top participating brands in this zone include Baofeng, BBS, Thunderstone and Wanledi.
Stage Machinery Zone (Hall N4)
Stage safety is becoming an increasingly important issue in the live event industry. To promote the use of more credible and reliable stage products, the Stage Machinery Zone will be launched to house over 20 leading stage machinery brands specialising in truss, electric hoists, curtains and lifts. Participating companies include Eagle Group, EPE, GIS, Jiayu, JK, MODE, Rapid, Shine Stage and Yinxingwutai.
With 600 international brands and companies dominating the show floor, global trade visitors will be to source from a comprehensive array of products across four thematic halls:
- Hall N1 will highlight a full spectrum of products together with an enlarged zone for recording and production.
- Halls N2 and N3 will unveil audio products, with the former one being a silent hall.
- Hall N4 will showcase lighting and stage products.
A series of fringe events will also be taking place over the four days to keep attendees on the pulse of the entertainment market:
- The Dante Certification Training hosted by Audinate in two levels will offer system designers, engineers and industry players an exclusive opportunity to learn about the basic principles of audio networking and how to design larger Dante network systems.
- Circling the theme of “Technologies and Applications of 3D Audio”, the VPLT International Audio Training Course will feature professional training on sound technologies and product application. The prestigious line-up includes audio experts from Full Dimension Multimedia, Sennheiser and Verband Deutscher Tonmeister (VDT).
- The Concert Sound Arena, one of the biggest outdoor line array demonstration in Asia, will demonstrate concert sound systems from 19 leading audio brands.
Prolight + Sound Shanghai is organised by Messe Frankfurt and Shanghai INTEX and is a brand event of the annual Prolight + Sound exhibition in Frankfurt, Germany. Click here for more information about the Shanghai show.
Tel. +852 2230 9230