Paul Epworth was named UK Producer of the Year for the third time at the 2015 MPG Awards.
Epworth, who has recorded numerous huge artists such as Sir Paul McCartney, Adele, Florence and the Machine, Coldplay and John Legend, was also handed the Music Producers Guild's top gong in 2010 and 2013. As its recipient, he automatically received the 2015 BRIT Award for Best Producer as well, which he was presented with at the same time.
The Music Producers Guild Awards, in association with G-Technology, also honoured multimedia entrepreneur and former Eurythmic Dave Stewart with the Outstanding Contribution to UK Music Award, sponsored by PPL. Stewart later took to the stage to entertain guests with a live performance.
Steve Levine, chairman of the MPG, said: "There has always been a close relationship between artists and recording professionals and we are delighted that the MPG Awards is always so enthusiastically received by those at the forefront of creating great music. Once again, our winners and nominees have been involved in hugely diverse projects that cover a wide range of musical styles and genres. This truly reflects the incredible amount of recording talent we have here in the UK and I am delighted that the Music Producers Guild is annually able to give these worthy professionals the credit they deserve."
The 2015 event saw a total of 15 prizes presented. These included the MPG Award for Inspiration, won by Damon Albarn, and the MPG Award for Innovation, won by Giorgio Moroder.
For te full list of MPG 2015 Award winners, see below:
• UK Producer of the Year, sponsored by The BRITS 2015:
• Outstanding Contribution to UK Music, sponsored by PPL
• Recording Engineer of the Year, sponsored by RØDE:
• Mix Engineer of the Year, sponsored by Solid State Logic:
Mark ‘Spike’ Stent
• Mastering Engineer of the Year, sponsored by Apollo & Transco Blanx:
• UK Album of the Year, sponsored by Universal Audio:
Goldfrapp – Tales of Us
• UK Single Song Release of the Year, sponsored by Shure:
Sam Smith – Stay With Me
• Re-mixer of the Year, sponsored by G-Technology
• Breakthrough Producer of the Year, sponsored by Musicguard Insurance:
• Breakthrough Engineer of the Year, sponsored by Alchemea College:
• International Producer of the Year, sponsored by Lewitt Audio & JHS:
• Studio of the Year, sponsored by KMR Audio:
• The A&R Award, sponsored by Prism Sound:
• The MPG Award for Innovation
• The MPG Award for Inspiration