Automated Processes Inc. has expanded its analogue desk line-up with 'The Box', a new small-format project recording and mixing console.
The Box was created for users with project or home studios who require a compact desk with a "big console sound." It offers the same circuitry, performance and "legendary API sound" as the manufacturer’s popular Vision, Legacy Plus and 1608 products, and was shown for the first time at the 135th AES in New York City last week. The console is shipping now from the firm’s factory in Jessup, Maryland.
API president Larry Droppa said: “The Box offers an easy, turnkey solution for recording and mixing. It’s a great option for people who record a few channels at a time, but demand the warmth and punch that a large API console delivers. In addition to four inputs, full center section control, and 16 channels of API’s famous summing, the icing on the cake is a classic API stereo compressor on the program bus. Now you can truly record and mix… in The Box.”
• Two input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter and integral 550A EQ
• Two input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter and 500 slot
• Two compressors assignable to input channels or program bus with stereo link
• 16 summing channels (20 channels during mix)
• Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
• One stereo and two mono auxiliary sends/buses
• Stereo cue send/bus and headphone system
• PFL, AFL, and solo-in-place solo modes with stereo solo bus
• Full-featured monitor section that can support two stereo monitor systems
• Talkback system
• Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
• Integrated power supply
Keep up to date with the latest developments from the world of pro audio by registering for our free daily newsletter.