Waves Audio has debuted the Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT, the first plugin to successfully emulate Abbey Road Studios’ pioneering process of Artificial Double Tracking.
Using Reel ADT’s controls, you can advance or push back the doubled signal to achieve genuine delay and pitch variations. You can also drive each of the signals separately to add tape saturations. Other classic Abbey Road tape effects such as flanging and phasing can also be achieved with ease.
Mirek Stiles, head of audio products at Abbey Road Studios, says, “From my time as an assistant engineer, I remember the setting up of ADT as being a lengthy process, but totally worth it. Not only hearing, but also controlling ADT for the first time was amazing. Using the remote Varispeed on the tape machine, it was possible to add lush movements, stereo width, and dramatic depth to almost any track. For the first time ever, Waves has captured not only the true sound of ADT, but also the feel of this classic effect.”
Waves Abbey Road Reel ADT features:
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios
- Genuine tape-sounding ADT plugin
- For the first time ever, a full exact recall automation of the ADT effect
- Different tape sounds for source and ADT signals
- Exclusive 2-voice component
- Separate drive control for each path
- Manual and automatic control
- MIDI-assignable manual control for the most authentic user experience possible
The Waves Abbey Road Reel ADT is Native only.