British speaker manufacturer Monitor Audio has introduced it’s latest room loudspeaker.
Studio, available in a satin black, white or grey finish, features a grille-less design with two metallic-silver RDT II speaker cones and honeycomb tweeter cover, while an optional bespoke floor stand is also available.
The dual 4” drivers are those used in the company’s Platinum PL500 II speaker, modified to produce bass and mid-range detail. An MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer has been designed to provide articulation with its low mass diaphragm.
The cabinet is tuned using two rear mounted HiVe II slot ports, ensuring air moves in and out much quicker than a conventional port, resulting in what Monitor Audio describes as “fast, powerful bass coupled with superior transient response”. The unit also includes hi-grade polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors.
• Ultra-slim, compact cabinet profile
• 2 x 4” RDT II drivers with C-CAM technology and featuring rigid cast polymer chassis
• MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer, designed in-house for Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II speakers • HiVe II (High Velocity) reflex slot configuration ports
• Rigid die-cast aluminium sub-baffle to mount and clamp drivers securely
• Precision machined, rhodium plated speaker terminals
• Bolt through driver technology
• Contemporary satin finish in black, white or grey
• Optional dedicated floor stand (STAND)