Electro-Voice has used InfoComm 2016 to host the global launch of X1-212/120 and X2-212/120, which are 120-degree versions of the original 90-degree models, significantly expanding the flexibility of the new X-Line Advance family.
Both are two-way vertical line-array loudspeaker elements for use in a wide variety of applications where wide bandwidth, vertical/horizontal directivity control and high efficiency are required in a compact, cost-effective package.
The X1-212/120 is ideal for use as a wide-coverage system in permanent installations using all-120-degree elements, or as a near-field in a combined line array positioned below 90-degree elements in either passive or bi-amplified mode.
The high-performance X2-212/120 is designed to be used in a similar way, but mainly in live sound situations.
Key features include:
• Integrated Rigging System – (IRS)
• Mid-Band Hydra Line Source Technology – (MBH)
• Wavefront-shaping Circular Hydra on X1 – (WCH)
• Pin Diffraction Hydra on X2 – (PDH)
• Proprietary Electro-Voice FIR-Drive settings
• Compatible with all grids and dollies currently available for 90-degree versions
• New IRIS-Net speaker settings, EASE files, EDS documents, and LAPS 3.3 are available