Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology have announced immediate availability of the Symphony I/O Mk II, the second generation of Apogee's flagship audio interface that was first introduced at the NAMM Show earlier this year.
Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s latest AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), touchscreen display and optional ‘world-class’ microphone preamps.
The new interface comes with direct connectivity to one of three different platforms – Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or Waves SoundGrid network.
Released in 2010, the first generation Symphony I/O is considered by many to be a gold standard for the professional recording industry and utilised by a wide variety of commercial studios, producers, engineers and artists worldwide. The original Apogee Symphony I/O was used to record many of this year’s Grammy nominated tracks for Record of the Year and Album of the Year.
Apogee says the Symphony I/O Mk II offers even better audio clarity and sonic transparency.
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Original Symphony I/O modules compatible with new Mk II chassis
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD (Mac/PC) or Waves SoundGrid connectivity
- Ultra-low latency performance
- 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II HD is available now in the following configurations and RRP prices:
- 2 x 6 - £2,638.80
- 8 x 8 - £3,598.80
- 8 x 8 + 8 mic preamp module - £5,554.80
- 16 x 16 - £4,642.80
- 24 x 24 - £7,054.80
- 32 x 32 - £8,098.80
- Chassis Only - £1,894.80
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt versions are also available now in identical configurations, at identical prices.