Apogee Electronics has unveiled MiC 96k, a new professional 96kHz, 24-bit USB microphone for Windows and Mac.
The company says that MiC 96k makes it easy to capture vocals, voice overs, podcasts and acoustic musical instruments, and can make studio-quality recordings anywhere when combined with a laptop.
“We are very excited to offer a version of MiC 96k to a whole new audience,” commented Sean McArthur, Apogee’s director of marketing. “Since we launched MiC for iPhone and Mac in 2011, customers from all over the world have been asking for Windows compatibility,” he continued. “We recognise that working across multiple platforms is becoming a requirement for many creative people and we want to empower them with the best tools for their preferred workflow.”
MiC 96k features a wide dynamic range for capturing a variety of singing styles and genres, while its preamp and A/D converter are designed to record the true tone of acoustic instruments with zero distortion.
MiC 96k also features:
• PureDIGITAL USB connection for pristine sound quality
• Also compatible with iOS devices (Lightning cable sold separately)
• Apogee engineered microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
• Control knob that allows easy input level adjustment
• Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
• All metal construction
The MiC 96k is now shipping worldwide, with a price tag of $199 USD.