Nuage seamlessly integrates Yamaha control and interface hardware with a new version of Steinberg’s Nuendo DAW software – Nuendo 6 – offering a wide variety of creative options for professionals in the broadcast, advertising, film and games industries.
The system's components communicate with each other and up to three DAWs via Dante networking. A low latency, PCIe Dante audio interface card for Mac or PC delivers up to 128 simultaneous, bi-directional channels at 192kHz or 256 at up to 96kHz. It allows the user to create custom configurations to match any application and the digital network means that premium audio quality is maintained throughout.
• Nuage fader control surfaces align with the system’s LCD monitor displays to provide smooth visual continuity with the Nuendo mixing window.
• A Nuage master control unit includes everything needed for Nuendo editing and session management.
• Nuage Workspace units can be used to integrate third party hardware and/or facility-specific custom options.
• Three Nuage I/O units provide 16 analogue I/O,16 AES/EBU I/O or eight digital and eight analogue.
• A PCIe Dante Accelerator card gives the computer running Nuendo extra low latency, multi-channel audio data transfer capability – with redundancy.
“Nuage delivers the ultimate combination of advanced DAW technology, intuitive interface design, flexibility and reliability,” said Nick Cook, European marketing director, Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems Europe. “We believe it is a new milestone in post-production technology. It throws the gauntlet down to the industry, demonstrating that Yamaha and Steinberg are determined to become bywords for excellence in audio post-production.”
“The Nuage system is the quintessence of merging dedicated post-production software and hardware seamlessly together into one complete studio environment,” added Steinberg managing director Andreas Stelling. “With the Nuage console and Nuendo 6 representing the most sophisticated platform for audio post-production available today, we are delighted to offer existing and new customers a unique approach to achieving higher levels of productivity and quality.”
Keep up to date with the latest developments from the world of pro audio by registering for our free daily newsletter.