PLASA London 2013 has announced details of the first audio sessions in its annual Professional Development Programme.
The Programme offers four days of free seminars, providing visitors with plenty of useful information on the technology behind some of the world's biggest live shows, events and venues.
The AudioLab Theatre will feature sessions on Live Sound, Installed Sound and The Sound Business, with highlights including:
• Touring Live Sound Meets Broadcast Audio – highlighting the areas of common approach, as well as possible conflicts
• Live Sound Engineers Question Time – a guest panel featuring Barry Bartlett (Ray Charles, James, Chaka Khan, Damon Albarn), and Rampton (Chase & Status, Basement Jaxx, The Libertines) among others
• Do You Trust Acoustic Models? – presented by the Institute of Acoustics
• Bringing Together AV, IT and Audio – how pro audio can work together with AV and IT
• How to Soundcheck! – Jon Burton (The Prodigy) takes the audience through a show day, with a focus on the final soundcheck, exploring the common problems that occur, and how they can be tackled.
Also going on across the four days, AudioLab Interactive is "a hands-on, myth-busting laboratory," where attendees will get to observe live experiments on a range of pro audio gear. Sessions include:
• Aural Athletics - Do You Trust Your Ears?
• Network Shootout – Pushing networks to their limits
• Things You Really Shouldn't Do With a Power Amplifier – Do you really know how much power you actually have? What happens when amplifiers get hot, or when you run them too hard/into the wrong load?
• Does Network Latency Really Cause Problems? – How audio latency can affect a performance.
• What Happens in an Emergency? – Using PLASA's stadium emergency simulator and a real life scenario, visitors will see how emergency audio systems are designed to carry on working under testing circumstances
• What Really Causes Interference? – The team sets out to prove/bust myths about factors that affect audio equipment. Do better cables really help? What interferes with your radio systems?
This year's show is also home to a new pro audio arena, where the latest club, mobile, and large-format sound systems will be available for demonstration, including the new range from Pioneer.
To register for the event, which takes place at ExCeL London from October 6th to 9th 2013, click here.
Keep up to date with the latest developments from the world of pro audio by registering for our free daily newsletter.