Australian manufacturer RØDE Microphones has launched the PodMic, an XLR-connected, end-address dynamic microphone tailor-made for use with the RØDECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio and PSA1 studio arm.
The RØDECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio is an all-in-one console solution for podcasters of every level. The PodMic, which will start shipping in January, is tuned specifically for use with the RØDECaster Pro and has its own setting on the RØDECaster’s touchscreen interface.
“This is the best end-address dynamic microphone in the world at this price and one of the best at any price,” said RØDE CEO Damien Wilson. “Peerless quality and price accessibility have been the cornerstones of our success and continue to ensure RØDE is the choice of today’s creative generation – the PodMic is a perfect example of that ethos. Together with the RØDECaster Pro, the PodMic will revolutionise podcasting.”
The PodMic features:
• Richly-detailed RØDE dynamic capsule
• Internal pop shield and double-mesh housing for plosive and sibilance control
• Solid brass construction finished in a hard-wearing matt black
• Integrated swing-mount for easy positioning. Works with boom microphone stands such as the RØDE PSA1
• Specifically tuned for use with the RØDECaster Pro but will work with any XLR interface