Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v9.7.
The latest software release offers plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners Softube, AMS Neve, and Brainworx, as well as the new Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects plug-in.
Softube Vocoder — $199
Developed exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Softube Vocoder plug-in takes its sonic cues from the best analogue vocoders of the past, as well as adding new features.
- Generates iconic robotic vocal textures with classic analog vocoder tone
- 12-voice polyphonic carrier synth with multiple waveforms and selectable octave
- Freeze function can be DAW-synced to clock division, or controlled via MIDI
- Variable bands (4, 8, 12, 16, 20) offering vintage to modern vocoding effects
- Notes and chords can be entered in real time with the built-in keyboard or via MIDI
AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip — $299
Available for UAD-2 and UA Audio Interfaces, the AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip plug-in offers access to the same DSP algorithms from this modern post-production console.
- Access the sound of the AMS Neve Digital Film Console channel strip, the same used in the world’s premier motion picture facilities
- Four bands of fully parametric EQ, plus two bands of 4th-order filtering
- Compressor, Limiter, Expander, Gate, and Dynamic EQ
Suhr SE100 Amplifier — $149
Developed by Brainworx in collaboration with John Suhr, the Suhr SE100 Amplifier plug-in captures the original amplifier’s tonal array, emulating its custom "plexi-style" transformers and EL34-powered output section.
- Exacting emulation of the original Suhr SE100 tube amp, authenticated and endorsed by John Suhr and Doug Aldrich
- 120 advanced Impulse Responses (IR) to catch all styles and genres
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters, and power soak with pre and power amp bypass
- Physical input impedance and hands-on gain staging with Unison technology
Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic – $99
Built on the same high-end analogue mastering chain as its big brother, the bx_masterdesk plug-in, the Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic plug-in offers powerful, easy-to-use controls for a self-contained mastering environment.
- Full-fledged, professional analogue mastering chain
- Focuses on essential user interface elements for maximum control and ease of use
- High-quality, field-proven audio processors
Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects Plug-In – $349
The Lexicon 480L’s random time-varying "Effects" algorithm — available for the first time — provides dramatic reverse, doubling, tremolo and chorus sounds. Combined with its four-voice Twin Delay algorithm, the Effects algorithm turns the 480L into a versatile multi-effects system.
- Enduring Lexicon reverb and effects derived from final software version 4.10 including Plate, Hall, Room, Random, Ambience, Twin Delays and Effects algorithms
- UAD plug-in recreates iconic desktop "LARC" remote with logical workflow improvements
- Includes over 100 artist presets from Spike Stent, Chuck Zwicky, Eli Janney, Ian Boxill, Jacknife Lee, and more