Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II out now
Updated model, introduced at NAMM earlier this year, promises even better audio clarity and sonic transparency than its predecessor.
Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology have announced immediate availability of the Symphony I/O Mk II, the second generation of Apogee's flagship audio interface that was first introduced at the NAMM Show earlier this year.
Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s latest AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), touchscreen display and optional ‘world-class’ microphone preamps.
The new interface comes with direct connectivity to one of three different platforms – Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or Waves SoundGrid network.
Released in 2010, the first generation Symphony I/O is considered by many to be a gold standard for the professional recording industry and utilised by a wide variety of commercial studios, producers, engineers and artists worldwide. The original Apogee Symphony I/O was used to record many of this year’s Grammy nominated tracks for Record of the Year and Album of the Year.
Apogee says the Symphony I/O Mk II offers even better audio clarity and sonic transparency.
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Original Symphony I/O modules compatible with new Mk II chassis
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD (Mac/PC) or Waves SoundGrid connectivity
- Ultra-low latency performance
- 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II HD is available now in the following configurations and RRP prices:
- 2 x 6 - £2,638.80
- 8 x 8 - £3,598.80
- 8 x 8 + 8 mic preamp module - £5,554.80
- 16 x 16 - £4,642.80
- 24 x 24 - £7,054.80
- 32 x 32 - £8,098.80
- Chassis Only - £1,894.80
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt versions are also available now in identical configurations, at identical prices.